VIRTUAL: Foundations of Aesthetic Medicine
Join the IIAM faculty to learn the fastest growing, and one of the most potentially profitable cosmetic procedures in North America! You will be amazed by how enjoyable it is to work with motivated, compliant patients who wish to improve their appearance and/or look more youthful. This can be accomplished in very little time using Cosmetic Neuromodulators and Fillers. Most patients report high satisfaction and an improved sense of well-being. This is a highly positive environment for medical professionals who may be growing tired of the daily stress of traditional medical practice. It can be incorporated readily into an existing practice for two half-days per week. The potential income far exceeds health insurance plans.
This in-depth, introductory virtual course covers topics including facial anatomy, topical anesthesia, consultation process, clinical applications, complication protocols, and brand information for both Neuromodulators and Hyaluronic Acid Fillers. The Cosmetic Neuromodulators and Fillers course will provide interested physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, and other qualified medical professionals with all of the information they need to start working with patients right away.
After completing the course, practitioners will be granted the appropriate CME credits. However, because IIAM believes hands-on training is critical for success, only those who take our hands-on courses will receive a certificate from us for injecting.
Any physician who takes this course is immediately eligible to order Cosmetic Neuromodulators and Injectable HA Fillers from Allergan, Merz, Galderma, and other major suppliers. Nurses are required to work with a physician or nurse practitioner.
The International Institute of Aesthetic Medicine (IIAM) serves as your entry point to superior education in Medical Aesthetics. In collaboration with MedSpa Partners, a leader among aesthetic clinics, we boast a faculty meticulously chosen for their role as top trainers and specialists in the industry. This alliance guarantees an all-encompassing educational journey, blending consultation skills, artistic perception, and practical expertise.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Accreditation Standards of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) through the joint providership of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and The International Institute of Aesthetic Medicine.. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030803. This activity is approved for 12 contact hour(s) (which includes 6 hour(s) of pharmacology).
Credit being awarded: 12 ANCC contact hours.
AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 12 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Approval is valid until 7/30/2024. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Self-Paced Virtual Learning
- Identify the specific muscles implicated in each neuromodulator treatment area (e.g., “crow foot wrinkles - orbicularis oculi muscle).
- Identify the facial landmarks for neuromodulator injections.
- Determine the neuromodulator unit ranges for each treatment area.
- Differentiate and select the correct needle gauges for the various neuromodulator injection techniques.
- Outline neuromodulator complication prevention techniques and effectively treat “spocking”.
- Differentiate between male and female anatomical landmarks for injectable dermal HA fillers.
- Identify the fat pads in each area of the face.
- Identify the veins, arteries, and nerves in the facial “danger” zones.
- Identify locations of facial volume loss.
- Determine optimal injection sites for the treatment of various facial areas.
- Understand and recite response protocols for embolism complications.
- Recognize potential contraindication concerns.
- Appropriately select the correct filler viscosities to achieve the targeted outcome and minimize complications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Time For Course
- Self-Paced Virtual Learning: 12 hours
- Pre-Course Materials: Theoretical Lecture
- Module 1: Facial Anatomy
- Module 2: Facial Anesthesia
- Module 3: The Patient Journey
- Module 4: Cosmetic Neuromodulators
- Module 5: Injectable HA Fillers
- This course does not include cannula technique injections (NLF, Marionette Lines, Jawline). If you want to add this to your training, please call us after registering at +1 (312) 815-1964.
- This course does not cover business or skin health – therefore, our Virtual: Business, Laser & Skincare course is highly recommended.
- Although participants will receive CME credits, IIAM believes hands-on training is critical for success and therefore only those who take our hands on courses will receive a certificate from us for injecting.